Don’t wait until the winter holidays to treat yourself. Halloween is the ideal time to get some new ear candy. At our Portland music store, you’ll find great instruments and accessories that tie perfectly with any ghoulish gear. Staff picks include:
- Schecter V-1 FR Blood Spatter: It’s red and black and has glow-in-the-dark side dot markers, so your fingers always are on the right frets on the darkest stages. The V-shaped mahogany body gives the electric guitar an extra rad, apocalyptic look.
- Breedlove Stage Black Magic Concert Guitar: With a name like Black Magic and a midnight black exterior, your playing will put a trance over any audience. The acoustic-electric cutaway guitar is always stage-ready. Pair it with extra thick fog.
- Orange amps: Black and orange are classic Halloween colors. With the orange and black amps and cabinets from Orange, there’s no better way to dress a stage for All Hallows’ Eve gigs.
Halloween Costume Ideas for Musicians
- Slash: Don a long black curly wig and a black top hat. Then complete the look with a white t-shirt (roll up the sleeves) and skinny jeans.
- David Bowie: Wear a short red, black or blonde-haired wig backwards to achieve Bowie’s 1970s mullet. Achieve the rest of his look with straight-leg dress pants, billowing shirts and a scarf. Keep in mind that the clothes don’t necessarily have to match.
- Keith Richards: Richards’ early 1990s look is simple to pull off with stuff you might already own. All you need are skinny jeans, white tank tops (or white t-shirts with the sleeves cut off) and a bandanna. Don’t forget the black eyeliner.
- Angus Young: Get the AC/DC lead guitarist’s look with black school boy-short shorts, a black suit jacket, white collared shirt, white socks, black dress shoes and a striped tie. Finish the look with a semi-curly long blonde wig.
- Lady Gaga: To dress like Lady Gaga, go big. Wear a large evening gown, big jewelry, stage-stealing makeup and any wig that calls your attention. Complete the look with long, Halloween-themed press-on nails. If you want to tone the costume down a bit, you could say that you’re Björk.
LAWK STAR Guitars has everything you need for the stage, studio and impromptu jam sessions. Check our selection of boutique guitars and accessories to find the perfect one for your unique look and sound.